I was tagged by Claire of Needlebook to share 7 things about me. Thanks Claire! I mean, who doesn't love to talk about themselves? So here you go:
1. I have to sort my M&M's by color and then eat them so that there is always the same number of every color left. Thankfully, I don't eat them very often. Oh, and on my semi-annual trips to the movie theater, I must have popcorn, peanut M&M's and a diet coke. And then I have to run to the bathroom as soon as the movie is over, because I always get the big diet coke. Luckily I only go to the movies a couple times a year. I really like Netflix.
2. Some things that make me inexplicably sad: old men eathing alone in restaurants, and flat bed trucks with stacks of smushed up cars going to the dump. I'm tearing up just thinking about those two things.
3. I better think of things that make me happy. Here are a few: watching my chickens and collecting fresh eggs, homemade cookies and snow. Having pajama days are good once in a while, especially when they include snow, homemade cookies, and laying in bed watching a good movie. Hanging my clothes on the line to dry on a sunny Saturday morning is nice too.
4. I'm a bit of an Anglophile. I watch a lot of BBC America, and I think I should live in a thatched cottage in a small English village. I get a little thrill when I see how many British visitors I have to my blog. However, I do not pretend I am British and speak with an accent like Madonna, because that is just ridiculous. I secretly wish that I could pronounce schedule and vitamin and herbs in the British way though. I've only been there once, and it was as wonderful as I imagined.
5. I am generally a very nice, mild-mannered person, but one thing turns me into a raving lunatic: getting behind the wheel of my car. I have terrible road rage. My biggest pet peeves are tailgaters and tailgators at night with their headlights on bright. Since I spend a couple hours every day in my car, this is probably not a good thing. I may have embarrassed my sister slightly while she was visiting when I got angry at a lady for cutting me off in a parking lot. Parking karma was with me, however, when the person she followed to their car ended up just putting something in and walking away. Meanwhile, I passed her, followed a second group of people to their car, and parked while she still had to look for another space. Also, I drive a Turbo Beetle with flower taillights, so I can be very intimidating on the road. Don't be jealous.
6. When I fast forward through the commercials on my Tivo, I have to hold my breath. I don't know why.
7. Despite the fact that I am 6 feet tall, I am the shortest in my family. My three brothers and sister are all taller than me. A downside of being tall is that I have large feet. Not that I mind, if they were smaller I think that would look funny and I would probably fall over more. Finding size 11 shoes is not easy, finding cute size 11 shoes is even harder, and finding cute size 11 shoes that don't have 3-4" heels is the hardest of all. Last month I spent way to many hours searching for shoes and finally found a couple pair that I didn't hate at Nordstrom. They were quite expensive, but I was tired of shoe shopping so I sucked it up and bought them. I also think that we have just gone through a non-cute shoe season, and I have high hopes for the Spring/Summer shoes.
The tagging forward is the hard part for me, I think this has been around for awhile and a lot of people have already done it, but I am going to tag some family members and some recent commenters whose blogs I have discovered lately. So if you're on this list, consider yourself tagged:
Write seven things about yourself, and then tag seven others. Leave them a comment to let them know you tagged them!
Oh, and Photoshop Sisters is up and running and posting is happening quite regularly. There are already some fun things to try, so go visit! I'll come up with a button for you to steal in the next week or so.