Sheesh, I finally did it. I sewed the darn pocket on.
I was hoping it would look like a tulip. It sort of does, right? I'm okay with it, I think.
I'm getting pretty good at sewing binding to things. Here's my helpful hint for seam binding: if you're going to be going around curves, make sure you use bias binding. Sure, it's more of a pain to cut out, but there's no way I could have used straight binding to do this.
Another project I've been working on is up and running. This one is a collaboration with my sister. We both have new cameras and new-(ish) versions of Photoshop that we want to learn how to use, so we decided to share the process with everyone. Each week we'll exchange pictures and then play with them in Photoshop-she has Elements, and I have CS2, so there should be something for everyone. We'll also share links and resources and other fun stuff relating to photography and Photoshop. I thought it would be kind of cool to have a site for those of us who don't really know what we're doing, but want to learn. We're posting step-by-step what we do, so you can follow along at home. And of course, participation in the comments section is highly encouraged. So please visit, and spread the word!
And lastly, if you need a song for your Valentine on Thursday, I must admit to being partial to this one. You can buy it on Cary's Myspace page.