No ugly things today, only pretty. The bathroom is nearly ready for it's big debut. I need to find just the right mirror to hang over my little dresser, and a small hamper or basket for dirty clothes. I may also add a shelf, and I do need to finish caulking the baseboards. Oh, and I'd love to find some small, simple artwork. I think I may head to one of my favorite antique shops this weekend for the mirror and whatever other goodies I can find. Decorating is really never ending, isn't it? But it's actually a wonderful space, just as it is right now. I think I've had a least one, if not two bubble baths every weekend for the past month. Here's a pretty bit:
I think I may paint this little dresser. I'm just not sure what color yet. I love love love what Victoria did with hers. I could do the same color as my tray, which is really similar to that succulent green she used. I'll just be thinking about that for awhile, it's not going to be done anytime soon, I have too many other things to do. Like embroider pillowcases (click for a bigger view):
I think I'll be doing a lot more of these. For those who were asking last time I posted about this little project, I washed it, and I don't see any of the markings at all, they seemed to have come out quite nicely.
The transfer was dark grey, and you could definitely still see it through the pale pink flowers before washing, but not now! Two thumbs up for Patternbee! Floresita has a great site for free vintage embroidery patterns, including these little birds (thanks to the commentors for that info!), as well, but you have to print them out and trace them onto your fabric. I'm too impatient to do that for something this detailed, so I really like the iron-on versions, but I may print up some simpler designs and try it out.
And lastly, I'm doing a little selfish knitting:
I actually have no time for this at all, I have some Christmas gifts to work on, but still, I'm sneaking a few minutes here and there to work a couple of rows. This is the Hanami Stole, from Pink Lemon Twist. I love the beaded cast-on, even though it takes ages longer than any regular cast on. The yarn is from yarnchef, who I cannot recommend highly enough. This colorway is called flourite, and it's really beautiful. Katy even included the prettiest little stitch marker that matches the yarn. Sadly, my camera didn't want to take any good macros this morning, so you'll just have to believe me. It puts my green plastic Clover markers to shame.
This is my first real lace project, not including the embossed leaves socks or the Misty Garden scarf I've made. Those were just small potatoes compared to this. It's taken me awhile to figure it out, and there may have been a little spat when I was trying to carefully keep count of my stitches, and somebody, who shall remain nameless, walked into the room and started talking to me. The nerve! He completely threw me off and I gave up and started over. I had to unpicked a few rows again a little later (I only had myself to blame that time), and there's still a little mistake, but I can live with it. Now that I'm a few rows in, I'm getting how the lace pattern works, and there shouldn't be anymore problems. I hope not, because this stuff is not fun to un-knit!